We have grant funding available for landowners to create new ponds.
The criteria for grants:
- Creating brand new ponds, not clearing out old ponds.
- Minimum size of 5m by 3m.
- Pond must be dug by the end of April 2023.
- Within England and the Dee Catchment.
- Some locations are not suitable e.g. species rich grassland. A Welsh Dee Trust officer will need to visit each site in advance to ensure it is suitable and will not adversely impact existing wildlife.
The grant is a flat payment of £300 for each pond created. Once an agreement has been signed, the landowner will dig the pond and invoice Welsh Dee Trust.
This project is funded by the Government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. The fund was developed by Defra and its Arm’s-Length Bodies. It is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England, the Environment Agency and Forestry Commission.