We have grant funding available for landowners to create new ponds.
The criteria for grants:
- Creating brand new ponds, not clearing out old ponds.
- Minimum size of 5m by 3m.
- Pond must be dug by the end of April 2023.
- Within England and the Dee Catchment.
- Some locations are not suitable e.g. species rich grassland. A Welsh Dee Trust officer will need to visit each site in advance to ensure it is suitable and will not adversely impact existing wildlife.
The grant is a flat payment of £300 for each pond created. Once an agreement has been signed, the landowner will dig the pond and invoice Welsh Dee Trust.
If you are interested, please contact Peter Powell: or 07496 683 333.
This project is funded by the Government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. The fund was developed by Defra and its Arm’s-Length Bodies. It is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England, the Environment Agency and Forestry Commission.